11 Dec Covid-19 regulations of Oman & iDrive 4×4 Policy
COVID-19 Regulations in Oman & iDrive 4×4 Policy
The Ministry of Heritage and Tourism has announced that tourists are exempted from quarantine and polymerase testing (PCR) before coming to the Sultanate of Oman. This means there is NO requirement for PCR testing and quarantine.
The following regulations do apply for tourists:
– Apply for your tourist visa before travelling, using the following link: https://evisa.rop.gov.om/en/home
– There is NO need for PCR testing before boarding the airplane. This saves you around €150,- per person compared to many other destinations which do require such a test!
– Upon arrival in Oman, a PCR test will be taken by local medical staff. The traveler needs to stay in the pre booked hotel until the test results come in. This will typically be within 24 to 48 hours. You will need to pre-register for the PCR test in Oman by using this link: https://covid19.emushrif.om/
– The traveler needs to show a valid international travel insurance, covering the costs of Covid-19 related treatment.
All Oman Covid-19 regulations can be found on this website:
At iDrive 4×4 we understand the sensitivities for traveling during the Corona outbreak and therefore we offer our clients a flexible approach.
- With a negative travel advise from your origin country or in the case that Oman does not allow tourists in the country you can possibly claim the reservation amount from your Travel Insurance and cancel the booking with us.
- If your travel insurance does not cover the costs of the cancellation of your trip, you can reschedule your trip free of charge.
- Our cancellation policy: The traveler can cancel the agreement at any time before the start date of the trip. The traveler will be charged the following cancellation fees:
- Up to 56 days before departure: 20%
- 55-22 days prior to departure: 50
- 21-7 days prior to departure: 75%
- 0-6 days prior to departure: 100%