11 Dec Covid-19 regulations & iDrive 4×4 Policy
COVID-19 Regulations & iDrive 4×4 Policy
UPDATED MAY 2022
Since the regulations around Covid-19 change on a regular basis, please check the website below to find out about the most recent updates about travel restrictions for Oman.
Arriving in Oman:
All travelers 18-year old and above should have taken two doses of vaccine in order to enter the Sultanate of Oman from all ports.
Even if you are fully vaccinated, you need to provide a negative test result upon arrival, or within 24 hours after arrival and a health insurance covering Covid-19 related costs.
Departing from Oman:
Before booking a flight, you must consider the following requirements:
Make sure to continuously check with your airline in order to learn about the requirements of the destination you are headed to, also don’t forget to consider the following requirements:
– Consider online check-in, where possible, prior to arrival at the airport to avoid face-to-face contact at the airport
– Travelers need to be at the airport at least 3 hours before the official time of departure or 4 hours at most.
– Never travel if you display coronavirus symptoms.
– If required, PCR tests can be done at the Airport Drive-through and Walk-in facilities, located in P5 car park in Muscat and at Lifeline Hospital Salalah.
– The cost of the drive-thru PCR test is 19 OMR, you can register for it through http://travel.moh.gov.om
– Test results will be available within 24 hours at: http://travel.moh.gov.om
– The certified Ministry of Health test report is now electronically available on http://travel.moh.gov.om for a fee of 5 OMR
– Keep checking the latest COVID-19 travel and testing requirements for your destination with your airline in case of any sudden updates.
Kyrgyzstan doe not require a PCR test or vaccination certificate to enter the country.
For all regulation around covid-19 in Kyrgzystan, please check with your local authorities for the latest update.
At iDrive 4×4 we understand the sensitivities for traveling during the Corona outbreak and therefore we offer our clients a flexible approach.
– With a negative travel advise from your origin country or in the case that Oman or Kyrgyzstan does not allow tourists in the country you can possibly claim the reservation amount from your Travel Insurance and cancel the booking with us.
– If your travel insurance does not cover the costs of the cancellation of your trip due to a negative travel advice, you can reschedule your trip free of charge.
– We strongly advise you to take out a travel insurance that covers the costs of cancelling your trip due to a positive covid-19 test result before departure. Please note that iDrive4x4 cannot refund your paid travel sum if you cannot travel because of a positive covid-19 test result. You can, however, reschedule your trip to a later date, free of charge.
– Our cancellation policy in non covid-19 related cases:
The traveler can cancel the agreement at any time before the start date of the trip. The traveler will be charged the following cancellation fees:
• Up to 56 days before departure: 20%
• 55-22 days prior to departure: 50%
• 21-7 days prior to departure: 75%
• 0-6 days prior to departure: 100%